I am Kathleen Lee - acupuncturist and life coach. Since 2011, I have helped hundreds of folks just like you redefine their relationship to health. This isn't done with some magic bullet or formulaic program. My work empowers patients to tap into the innate ability of the body and soul to heal from within. My goal is to facilitate lasting sustainable changes so that YOU can write the story of your life and your health.
Let's Work Together...
DO YOU WANT TO FEEL EMPOWERED IN YOUR WELLNESS?
- You have had some success in your life but are now at a major crossroads (i.e. separation, career change, major move, etc.) because you are no longer feeling fulfilled. You want to evolve and feel empowered in the choices you are making. You are ready for a change.
- You need support working through belief systems that no longer serve you. But you are afraid of leaving the security of what you know, not appearing perfect or choosing the wrong path.
- You dream of living a life that is more meaningful, connected and reflective of the person you are today. You are ready to nurture your new identity because you know it will deepen your current relationships and attract the connections that you are craving.
- You may be dreaming of starting a family and are finding obstacles along the way. They may be physical (PCOS, endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, etc.) or they may be emotional (difficulty finding flow, grief, fear).
- You wish to resolve some foundational issues (i.e. self esteem, body dysmorphia, perfectionism) from your own life so you don't pass the karma along to your child.
- You are told you have "unexplained fertility" by your reproductive endocrinologist and have nowhere else to turn. You are willing to put in the work to bring reach your peak fertility potential but just have no idea where to start.
- You find yourself lost in conventional medical care where you are told "everything is fine" or "there is nothing to do" when you still experience signs and symptoms that concern you.
- You are aching to find integrative care that addresses your whole being including mind, body and spirit
- You are looking for a health practitioner who doesn't believe in a "quick fix" using the next new fad superdrug/diet/therapy. You believe that signs and symptoms are your body trying to alert you to an imbalance and you need help translating those messages to bring yourself to optimal health.
- You strive to be someone who feels empowered in your own health and wellness but are unsure of where to begin.
Let's Transform Together...
KAT'S UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND RETREATS
Come join Kathleen for the Empowered Fertility Workshop, a transformative five-week series designed to educate and empower you to move through your fertility journey with greater ease and grace. Kathleen is a licensed and certified practitioner of Five Element Acupuncture which is a branch of Chinese Medicine that takes into account the mind, body, spirit and story of the patient to create a transformative healing experience.
Each meeting will dive into each of the 5 Elements to explore the gifts and difficulties that come along the fertility journey. Meetings consist of four sections: lecture, coaching, optional group share and yoga/meditation.
Let's Stay Curious...
FOLLOW KAT'S BLOG
Imagine that we’re watching a movie together and on the screen is a really lovely scene. A wholesome family is in their mini-van. 4-year-old Suzy is in her carseat, kicking her legs and humming to herself, gazing out the window. Her little brother, Carson is crashed out in his car seat. Mum is driving, hands at 10 and 2; Dad is rummaging through a backpack looking for snacks for Suzy. They are on a two-lane highway lined with trees on either side headed to Grandma’s house. The radio flips to “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”, which is one of Suzy’s favorite songs. Mum is a woman who smiles easily and she does so now. Her long fingers reach over and she turns the volume of the radio up so Suzy can hear. Suzy squeals happily and starts to sing along “Picture yourself on a boat on a river. With tangelo trees and MAMA-lade skies” She hasn’t quite figured out how to pronounce “tangerine” or “marmalade” yet and she had a tangelo last week so that seems to make sense to her this week. Mum and Dad also chime in. “Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly. A girl with kaleidoscope eeeeeyes.” Carson stirs in his carseat but doesn’t wake. The camera pans out, we can still hear the family singing in the background. Our eyes follow the minivan as the view of the camera widens and floats above the family in the car. There is a curve in the road ahead and we see that a truck has rounded the corner, headed towards the minivan.
There will be events that enter your life and rearrange your molecules. And the natural reaction from most people under such pressure is to react or build a wall. It is so much easier to deflect pain and to place blame on other people or events. It feels safer to lock your emotions into a teeny tiny box and bury it under the illusion of happiness. Because under the surface, there is no telling what you’ll encounter. Frustration or anger about having to struggle when it seems to come so easily to so many. Grief if there have been losses along the way. Oh and let’s not forget about fear. Fear of abandonment, of rejection, of whatever emotional boogie monster your mind wants to create. The irony is that the moments in which you want to shut down your emotions, to put up a wall, are actually the richest moments in which to embrace the pain of what you are feeling. This is your time to lean into your sharp edge and evolve.
Though the world may feel slow, don’t forget that there is still movement and life there beneath the surface. The seeds that lay in the deep recesses of the earth may be dormant, but they are beginning the metamorphic process of manifesting their destiny. You may also be called to examine the innermost depths of your own destiny. You may be called to befriend the hidden aspects of yourself.
Sometimes patterns emerge in my acupuncture practice. Some weeks, it feels like everyone coming in has shoulder pain. Sometimes it is insomnia. This week was “Empty Cup Syndrome” week. The theme of the week has been: “I am exhausted. And I feel like my time and energy are not my own. I don’t feel like myself anymore.”
This is how I used to think: “I don’t know why I still have insomnia. I meditate 10 minutes twice a day!” It is also a sentiment that I’ve heard reflected through my patients time and time again. There are countless articles on meditation on the interwebs and we, as consumers of the digital intelligence age, eat it all up. It almost seems too good to be true:
One of my best friends chooses a “theme” every year. He picks a phrase and uses it as a compass that he makes a conscious choice to follow every day. Last year, he set his intentions on “Friends. Family. Finances.” And by following his compass, I watched as he deepened relationships, traveled all over the US and moved to the city of his dreams. I watched as at every crossroads, he would ask himself, “Is this in alignment with my theme?” and he would step forward with consciousness instead of just letting Life’s momentum carry him through, like so many of us do. So I decided to follow his example and set forth an intention for my own year.
So Dear Ones, let's take it down a notch; let’s fake it ‘til we make it. Let’s stop apologizing for the space we take up in our own lives. Just show up. Let’s sing, even if it is out of harmony. Let’s stumble over the piano keys. Even if all you’ve got is 10% of perfection; nay, even if all we've got is 1% of perfection! If we spend our lives practicing for perfection, we may never be seen.
Let’s stop showing up with our 100%.